Have your cake and eat it too! Pineapple upside down cake is the perfect dessert for April Fools. To make, you’ll need:
- Pineapple cut into thin slices
- Halved Cherries
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup of brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons of room-temperature butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of milk
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a large baking dish, combine melted butter and dark brown sugar. Arrange thin pineapple slices with halved cherries in the center into the brown sugar, enough to cover the bottom.
In a mixing bowl, cream together brown sugar, room-temp butter, and vanilla extract. When smooth, whisk in 2 large eggs and then mix with flour, baking powder, salt, and milk.
Pour the batter into the baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes. When finished, loosen the edges with a knife and cool before inverting and enjoying.