For one night only on Thursday, December 10th, consumers have the opportunity to participate in a highly interactive tasting journey curated by Ariane Daguin, Founder, Owner & CEO of D’Artagnan, one of the nation’s most illustrious gourmet food purveyors. To bring the concept to life and create decadent pairings, Daguin has partnered with Champagne Bollinger, the iconic family-owned House known for its deeply complex wines, and Bordeaux négociant DUCLOT la Vinicole.
The event will encompass the following elements:
• Champagne Bollinger U.S. Director Valerie McDaniel will begin the experience with an in-depth tasting of the newly released, critically acclaimed La Grande Année Rosé 2012 (96 points, Wine Spectator).
• She will offer background on the exceptional craftsmanship required to produce this prestige cuvée as well as discuss its aromas, beautiful flavor profile, texture, and more!
• As participants continue to enjoy their Champagne, Chef Daguin will offer a foie gras pairing demonstration that will enhance the flavors even more.
• Additionally, Daguin will show attendees how to make her favorite truffle & foie gras pasta dish.
• Benjamin Rousseau, U.S. Director of Duclot la Vinicole, will move our attention to Bordeaux and discuss the 2004 vintage from legendary Pessac Leognan producer Château Haut-Bailly, his suggested pairing for the pasta dish.
• The package is priced at $499, inclusive of the Champagne and Bordeaux wines, exact details and components of the kit are included below.
What a perfect special date night or gift for gastronomes and wine lovers alike!
PACKAGE PRICING (QUANTITIES LIMITED):
$499, exclusive of tax and shipping
Please visit this link to register and facilitate the payment process
• D’Artagnan Black Winter Truffle (1 oz)
• D’Artagnan Black Truffle Butter (3 oz )
• D’Artagnan Foie Gras Cubes (1 lb – to cook with)
• D’Artagnan Artisanal dried Pasta (1 pack)
• D’Artagnan Torchon de Foie Gras (1 pack)
• Champagne Bollinger La Grande Année Rosé 2012 (1 x 750 mL bottle)
• Chateau Haut-Bailly Pessac-Léognan Grand Cru Classé 2004 (1x 750 mL bottle)
VIRTUAL DEMO DETAILS:
Thursday, December 10th at 6:45pm PST
Zoom login credentials will be sent to registered participants ahead of the event
La Grande Année Rosé 2012
La Grande Année Rosé is a unique blend of a great vintage Champagne and a red wine from a unique plot, the legendary Côte aux Enfants. The 2012 is a blend of 67% Pinot Noir and 33% Chardonnay, from a total of 21 crus. A delicate rose color on the eye, the nose is greeted by aromas of redcurrant and black fruits that are accompanied by lovely hints of citrus. On the palate, there is a great deal of delicacy. The fruity, spicy, and oral notes on the palate open up to flavors of citrus zest, peach and strawberry. The fresh, mineral palate is complemented by a creamy effervescence and fresh structure, with a racy, saline finish.